Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Accessories can improve (almost!) every look

I was flying back from France to Miami on a “close-to-ten” hours non-stop fly… my only thought while enjoying first class pampering service was to catch up on email, and updating my blog… after fighting the French cab driver, security at the airport, and an early check in, I finally sat on my well deserved seat…
After being surrounded with all the glamour that a festival like Cannes can bring you, with designer dresses and the best accessories from all around the world …


There she was, the comfortable cougar first-class-traveler with her LV handbag/carryon combo, 100 carat ring, votox lips, multi plastic surgery, hair extensions and bling bling everywhere… you get the picture… and yes… pink sweatpants!!!


I have to tell you, I know I always say and strongly believe that accessories have the power to change any look, to transform the most common attire into an iconic statement of fashion… well now I have to say: accessories can improve “ALMOST” every look… if there is a look accessories can’t help is the “confi-sweatpant (juicy sign in the butt)” look…


I’m sorry but there’s nothing you can do about it… there is nothing any accessory can do to help… there’s no project runway challenge, no emergency make-over or fashion police who can save this from disaster…

There is no fashion necklace, pair of earrings, hat, bag, bracelet or watch that can help this look… Nothing! Nada! Zero!
So, I now stand corrected… Accessories can improve (almost) every look… and unless you have a closet full of sweatpants, enjoy accessorizing…




No comments:

Post a Comment